Seeking a personal assistant based in Chicago.
Seeking a personal assistant to help a writer and scholar manage communications, scheduling, and miscellaneous tasks. Pay is $15 per hour, averaging 5 hours per week with some variability (may be lower or higher depending on demand week-by-week).
Most work will be remote, but the individual should be available for in-person meetings in Chicago at least once a week.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to assist with scheduling using email and Google Calendar.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responding to scheduling inquiries in a prompt fashion— within 24 hours unless advanced notice has been given
- Writing emails that are succinct, clear, and professional
- Conducting basic research
- Providing reports as needed
- Communicating as needed with other coordinating partners (e.g. speaking agent, media scheduler)
- Occasional help with personal tasks (e.g. store pickup, dry cleaning, mailing, filing, paperwork, travel arrangements)
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Precision and attention to detail
- An ability to take initiative and solve problems independently as needed
- A flexible schedule
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Attention to discretion and confidentiality
- Proficiency with Office suite and Google suite. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Interest in writing, academia, publishing, or literature a plus
- Car ownership and/or IL driver’s license is a plus